Emotional Development Chapter 11 Eighteen Months - Self-centered - Are likely to do the opposite of what is asked - Desire for independence - saying no is childs way of saying, Let
me decide for myself. - Frustration- want to do more than their bodies are able to do - Realization of being a separate person - Temper tantrums So what should you do? - Give Choices - Redirect the child - Encourage talking
- Try to help child find calmer ways of expressing feelings. Two year olds - Child expresses love and affection freely and seeks approval and praise. - Still have some emotional outbursts but they are fewer and less intense. - Easier to reason with. - More outgoing and friendly and less self-centered.
Two 1/2 - Not easily distracted - Learning so much they sometimes feel overwhelmed. - Struggle with immaturity and a powerful need for independence. - Need consistency Specific Emotions - Anger is often the child's way of reacting to frustration. Teach them
to use words, speak calmly, take deep breaths - Fear of different things. Phobias are unexplainable fear of something and separation anxiety is common. - Jealousy and sibling rivalry - Love and affection - Empathy (the ability to understand how another person feels) - Self-concept in response to actions, attitudes and comment of Encourage Positive Behaviors
- Explore feelings - Acknowledge feelings - Give choices Importance of Adequate Sleep - Sleep is essential to good physical and emotional health as well as adequate nutrition. - Prevent sleep deprivation - determine childs best bedtime, limit toys in bed, establish a bedtime routine, keep bedtime pleasant
Social Development - Socialization is the process of learning to get along with others. - Eighteen month olds do parallel play (is when children play near, but not actually with, other children). - Making friends is important to normal social development. - Imaginary friends help a child experiment with different feelings. Guiding Behavior/Discipline
- Guidance means using firmness and understanding to help children learn self-discipline (the ability to control their own behavior) - One year to 15 months - remove them from forbidden activities. - 15 months to 2 years - spoken restrictions as well as distraction. - 2 to 3 years - can grasp the reasoning of adults. Set Limits - Show an understanding of childs desire - Set the limit and explain it
- Acknowledge the childs feelings - Give alternatives Deal with Aggressive Behavior - Aggressive behavior says that a child is upset or that some need is not being met. Adult should look for reason for behavior. - Biting occurs for various reasons - infants dont understand difference between chewing on a toy versus a person, one year old
want to see what happens, two year olds do it to get their way - Hitting, kicking and shoving often occur. Two and three year olds have trouble controlling impulses. - Time-out can give a toddler time to calm down when they are upset. Social Milestones Age
Developmental Milestones 1 year - Plays along but often near others - Dislike sharing toys - Fears some stranger 2 Years
- Engages in parallel play Plays simple games with others Bosses oter children Saysplease if prompted Social Skills
- Establish a basic set of rules to guide social behavior (ie. not hitting) - Model good social skills - Help children understand and respect others feelings. - Show respect for other people's belongings - Show children how to use words rather than physically striking out
Foreign Trade Zone Identifier increased from . Five . to . Seven alpha-numeric characters. AES Enhancements - Census. January 31, 2014 - CBP/OFO published a Federal Register Notice announcing an AEI pilot that sets forth the eligibility requirements and details...
Students are able to predict inheritance patterns using a single allele. Solve problems involving simple dominance, co-dominance, and sex-linked traits using Punnett squares for F1 and F2 generations. Examples: color blindness, wavy hair LIFE SCIENCE: Indicator 2: Analyze various patterns...
Now we have only 1 non-zero pulse (odd), so use 000V Since there are no non-zero pulses after the 2nd substitution, the 3rd substitution is B00V because this is an even case Dr. Clincy Lecture * Lecture * Lecture *
PCSS) Free web-based training sponsored by SAMHSA and the American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry. ... Community-level opioid tutorial: for non-healthcare providers including health system support staff, community members, school staff, and first responders.
Dynamic Visual Acuity (DVA) Stare at object while shaking head; if object appears to shake or becomes blurry = deficit ... Shi L, Carson D. Collagenase Santyl ointment: a selective agent for wound debridement. ... An elastic wrap or tubular...
* Figure 13.17 Vicinal coupling between two nonequivalent H atoms. * Figure 13.19 Coupling that arises when Hb is split by two different nonequivalent H atoms Ha and Hc. This analysis assumes no other coupling in the molecule and that...
Multiculturalism act. It is hereby declared to be the policy of the Government of Canada to (a) recognize and promote the understanding that multiculturalism reflects the cultural and racial diversity of Canadian society and acknowledges he freedom of all members...
Ready to download the document? Go ahead and hit continue!